Monday, January 1, 2018

2018: 1/365

Happy New Year, Friends!


Whaaat? The subject line from an email I received today. (My name is not Jeff.) Hahaha!

It is probably no surprise that I've been doing some reflection the past few days.  I love beginnings (especially the start of a new year)... but, as a recovering perfectionist I also have a tendency to put a lot of pressure on myself.  This year, I've decided to approach 2018 a little differently...


My (very well-timed) fortune!

The new year is usually about putting your best foot forward and trying to fix imperfections...  But now I'm wondering what if...

I decide to accept that life doesn't have to be perfect to be good?
I find a way to accept the wonky bits & maybe even enjoy them?
I share more?  (Even the not-so-pretty stuff.)


Pulling back the curtain...

This is scary for me, folks.  In a carefully curated internet world, it can appear that you're the only one who doesn't have it all together.  As I write this and commit myself to sharing more, I feel nervous.  But... I'm hoping that you can relate to my desire for authenticity, and that you'll join me as I journey into 2018 (messy parts, and all)!

p.s.  I have decided to *try* and share something about what I'm up to every day (Creative Every Day style).  In order to take some of the pressure off and set myself up for success, I've decided to keep my post titles simple to reduce "decision fatigue".

p.p.s.  You can click here for an article I found very interesting about "decision fatigue" and "the science of simplicity" 

3 comments:

Hi! I love and appreciate all of your comments! I turned off the word verification so please don't leave me spam. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...